Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kevin Pietersen out of one-day international series against West Indies

Kevin Pietersen has been ruled out of England's one-day international series against West Indies with an Achilles injury.
The England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) stressed that it was a "minor" injury and that they expected Pietersen to return for England's first match of the World Twenty20 against the Netherlands on June 5 and the Ashes series in the summer.
"I’m extremely disappointed to be missing the NatWest Series as I was looking forward to playing a significant part in what should be an exciting and closely-fought One-Day series," Pietersen said. "The medical advice is to rest the Achilles and although I’m frustrated to be leaving a happy and successful dressing room I’m absolutely confident this will help me overcome what has up until now been a minor ongoing injury.
"I hate missing out on playing for England but understand that in this instance it’s necessary in order to overcome the injury. Even though I won’t be lining up for England during this series I’ll be watching and supporting the team closely as they set about repeating the recent one-day series win in the Caribbean."
Source:The times

No comments:

Post a Comment

search the web

http://sportsdesks.blogspots.com" id="cse-search-box">