Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tiger Woods becomes a father for the second time

Tiger Woods and his wife Elin, have announced the birth of their first son, Charlie Axel.
Mother and baby are healthy and recovering well and Woods admitted he felt blessed to have been able to give Sam Alexis, the couple's first child, a baby brother.
"Both Charlie and Elin are doing great and we want to thank everyone for their sincere best wishes and kind thoughts," Woods said.
"Sam is very excited to be a big sister and we feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful family. I also want to thank our doctors, nurses and the hospital staff for their personal and professional care.

"We look forward to introducing Charlie to you at the appropriate time."
Woods has been out of golf since undergoing reconstructive knee surgery last June and news of the birth will cast further doubts over his return to the sport. In his absence, television viewing figures have fallen and the PGA Tour's sponsors are no longer guaranteed for the long term.
Woods had been expected to make his return before the Masters, possibly as early as the Accenture Match Play Championship on February 25, but the World No 1 has always maintained that his family would take priority. If he waits another month he could find he is no longer the world number one. With his points average going down because of his long injury lay-off Sergio Garcia has moved to number two and closed the gap to less than three points. Woods's lead was over 11 points last June.
"I have no restrictions - it's just a matter of getting my golf endurance up. I don't have my golf stamina back yet," he said. "I am excited about returning to competition. Early on I didn't miss golf because I enjoyed staying home with Elin and Sam and I knew I wasn't physically able to play.
"The truth is, I would have embarrassed myself. Now I'm getting my feel and practice back. It's just a matter of playing more on the course. I'm working hard to get myself back into tournament shape and will return as soon as I'm ready.
"My family take precedence over anything I do golf-wise. But I must admit, I am also excited about returning to competition."
Source:the times

No comments:

Post a Comment

search the web

http://sportsdesks.blogspots.com" id="cse-search-box">